Holi is festival celebrated by playing with colors(Gulal & All) and having a lot of fun with friends and family. In the wake of playing an exciting, yet tedious Holi, individuals would head towards the kitchen to get their hands on the sweets and thandai arranged especially for the day. Thandai is the refreshing drink that is a claim to fame of Holi. It relieves the mind and cools the body. The drink is an incredible pressure buster because it contains a some of the cooling agents of nature, for example, watermelon and rosewater. Experience the Blog by WEXT.in Community and look at a Simple Recipe of Thandai.
- 1 1/2 liter Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tbsp Watermelon Seeds, skinned
- 1/2 tbsp Khuskhus (Poppy seeds)
- 1/2 tbsp Saunf (Aniseed)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Rosewater
- 1 tsp Whole Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup Dried or fresh Rose Petals
- Absorb sugar 1/2 liter of the water utilized. Keep aside.
- Wash clean all other dry ingredients, with the exception of cardamom if using powder.
- Absorb in 2 cups remaining water. Keep aside.
- Permit every single splashed thing to remain for no less than 2 hours.
- Crush every single ingredient fixing to a fine paste. (not sugar)
- Utilize a stone processor (manual or electric) if possible.
- At the point when the paste is fine, mix remaining water.
- Put a solid muslin strainer over a large deep vessel. Then again tie a solid muslin material over the edge of the vessel and use to strain.
- Press through muslin with back of palms, separating the liquid into the vessel.
- Add remaining water, a little at an opportunity to extract more.
- Pour back a portion of the extract and press, repress.
- Repeat this procedure till the deposit gets to be distinctly dry and husk like.
- Include milk, sugar, and rosewater to the extracted liquid.
- If using cardamom powder mix it in with the milk.
- Mix well. Chill for an hour of two before serving.
Stay tuned with WEXT.in Community for more Interesting Blogs